Coronavirus Prayer Guide
P.R.A.Y.— Praise— Repentance — Ask— Yield
P–Praise… Hebrews 13:15 Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.
Psalm 100:4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.5 For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations.
R–Repentance… Psalm 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear…Proverbs 28:13 He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy…
2 Chronicles 7:14 “if My people who are called by My name –will humble themselves,– and pray — and seek My face,– and turn from their wicked ways, then—– I will hear from heaven,— and will forgive their sin — and heal their land.
- PRAY FOR YOURSELF &THE GLOBAL HOUSEHOLD OF FAITH
A–Ask… I John 5:14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
- PRAY FOR All HOUSEHOLDS—CHILDREN –PARENTS— FAMILIES
Pray for those who are Heads of Households and for children who are at home and are in confinement. Pray for Wisdom on how to live so that they can be Happy, Healthy, Holy and in Harmony with one another. Ask God to protect them from infection.
- PRAY FOR PROTECTION OF THE VULNERABLE
Pray for those who are elderly or those who have an under-lying condition that may make them susceptible to the Coronavirus. Ask God to protect them from infection.
- PRAY FOR OUR PRESIDENT & OTHER LOCAL AND NATIONAL LEADERS
Ask God to give wisdom to our political leaders as they make decisions to protect people. Also, ask God to give them the ability to communicate clearly to the public.
- PRAY FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
Ask God to protect the health care professionals (doctors, nurses, ambulance crews and more) caring for those affected by the virus. Ask God to give them peace, wisdom, and to anoint them for their jobs and to protect them from infection.
- PRAY FOR THOSE AFFECTED IN OTHER WAYS BY THE PANDEMIC
There are many of people who will be indirectly affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Ask God to comfort those grieving the loss of loved ones, to provide for those in financial difficulty because they are unable to work, and for business leaders as they face such unprecedented disruption to life.
Y–Yield… Take time to listen to the Holy Spirit…then Pray the blessing of Numbers 6:24-26
- Numbers 6:24 May The LORD bless us and keep us; 25 MAY The LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; 26 MAY The LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace.” ‘
“And We Know”… It’s What we know and Who we know that is going to get us through these difficult times.
- Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
- 2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens
- 1 John 5:14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or (Coronavirus) or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?36 As it is written: “For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- 1 John 2:3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.