Dear New Song Family,
As we continue to get updates and information on COVID-19 from the state of Maryland and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we are working diligently to be in compliance and to ensure the health and safety of our church. Effective immediately, all in-person meetings at the church are canceled. This includes Bible studies, staff meetings, and rehearsals this week. It is our goal to provide other alternatives such as video and/or telephone conference platforms that will allow our congregation to stay connected, especially for our bible study classes. Please stay tuned for additional details. As updated information is made available, we will keep you all informed on the status of the church.
We are asking our members to stay home and connect to the broadcast online via Facebook or the church website (www.nsbfc.org) at 10 am on Sunday morning. The pastoral staff and appointed leaders will record the service for our viewing for this Sunday.
Additionally, please continue to take the opportunity to give your tithes and offerings via PayPal or Givelify on the church website (www.nsbfc.org) or by mail. We are in need of your help to continue to do God’s work in our church, in our community, and in our county as well as around the world.
Listed below are the following guidelines recommended by the CDC to prevent the transmission of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing,
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth,
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick,
- Stay home if you are sick, which includes those with compromised immune systems and the elderly with underlying conditions,
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash, or cough into the crook of your arm avoiding any use of your hands,
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes,
- Take care of yourself by exercising, drinking plenty of water, taking vitamin supplements, and spending time in prayer and the word of God,
- As always, please err on the side of caution, and
- Please take the time to check on one another.
Please do not operate in fear (2 Timothy 1:7 and 1 John 4:18); however, please be discerning; there are many scams that have developed (i.e., people who are taking advantage of others).
As people of faith, please declare and stand on the promises of God (Psalm 91). If you need additional information or have additional concerns, please do not hesitate to give us a call. We appreciate you and desire that each of you remain healthy and strong. Please pray for God’s mercy and grace in delivering us from this pandemic disease as well as healing and relief for so many who have been impacted, displaced, and/or grieving during this difficult time.
Your Beloved Pastor & Staff,
Dr. Bernard T. Fuller
New Song Bible Fellowship Church
301-477-1948, ex.t 10
Note: Please visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website (CDC – www.cdc.gov) for more information.